Actuarial Analyst, Insurance Consulting and Technology
As an Actuarial Analyst based in Stockholm, you will work as part of teams of senior and junior colleagues across Europe in a fast-paced consulting environment. You will work to provide actuarial advice and solutions driven by deep analytics and domain expertise for local and multinational insurers.
You will be involved in client work from day 1 and develop your actuarial knowledge, communication skills and a forward-thinking mindset for solution development for insurers within a global environment.
Who we are
Insurance Consulting and Technology are the number one provider of actuarial advice and software for the insurance industry with over 1300 consultants worldwide and a market-leading technology presence in the Nordics.
Our clients are insurance carriers seeking forward-looking solutions to business problems emerging from the changing landscape of competition, regulation, technology and customer needs. Our business model combines local and global consulting expertise in over 30 countries with technology solutions as an enabler to deliver uniquely tailored solutions to the market needs. We have a proven track record of cross-border collaboration to combine the necessary expertise and enablers for future-proof solutions for our clients.
What does this role offer?
You will have immediate responsibilities on client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, reach conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you benefit from working in a close knit and supportive team environment.
You will learn:
- Actuarial work such as reserving, pricing, claims analytics, financial modelling and risk and capital management
- Cutting edge solutions to business problems in the Nordic and broader European markets
- Practical deployment of new and established analytical techniques for business value in insurance
- Effective use of modern technology including WTW’s own suites for forward looking insurance operating models
- Merger, acquisition and divestiture consulting.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist them in attaining the accredited designation of Actuary.
We are looking for driven candidates who can collaborate effectively on internal, cross-functional and global teams as well as command strong technical, analytical and communication skills. Ideal candidates would be university students recently graduated or graduating in 2022, who would possess:
- A successfully completed degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or a related area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English • Strong time management skills
- An attention to detail in the delivery of results to clients and colleagues and a proactive approach to working with clients
Desirable skills include:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Programming experience in Python, C# or other languages
- Experience with WTW software
- Fluency in Swedish or another Nordic language.
Please submit your application before 31 May 2022, but preferably as soon as possible. The employment is planned to start in August or September 2022.
Your application should at least include:
- CV / Resume
- Cover Letter
- University grades
WTW is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, WTW has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.